Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Riverwalker's Gear - Safety Cross 6-in-1 Safety Flashlight


I use the Safety Cross 6-in-1 Safety Light. I keep one in each of my two main vehicles in my EDC fanny pack. It requires no batteries (crank the handle for power) and includes a cell phone charger, an FM radio, a compass, an emergency flasher and a 130 decibel siren. The LED flashlight provides a very reliable source of light. The cell phone charger feature comes with a free adapter for most cell phones. The cranking handle for power can be either turned clockwise or counter-clockwise for either left or right-handed users and can be used to generate power when and where it’s needed. It has a reasonably high-quality FM radio that provides access for emergency purposes or to just have a little music available. It also has a directional compass in the crank handle and a siren for emergency signaling (the siren has a rating of 130 decibels). The flashlight also has a flashing strobe light feature for night-time signaling.

One minute of cranking yields about 1 hour of running time for the flashlight and an even longer time for the radio feature. It is relatively lightweight (less than a pound) and compact enough that it fits easily in my fanny pack that has my EDC items.
Riverwalker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. Sorry to see you aren't saying much lately. I was trying to find cooking advice becase I need to know why I need so much oil and what to do with it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

It takes a lot longer than one minute of cranking time to keep the radio going for one hour.

Unknown said...

Where can i get one of these survivel crank things

Unknown said...

I got mine from goodwill and I don't lnow how to charge it